Fall Cohort 2017 MeetFriendz Internship Program Available In: Philadelphia, PA
MeetFriendz, an intern run startup, offers members the opportunity to connect with new like-minded peeps. Arrange interest-based meetups and engage in thrill-seeking, concerts, fairs, car shows, shopping, sports teams, volunteering, camping, religious events, pubs, gym, LGBTQ, sober living, book clubs –you choose! Find a new friend who likes a favorite band and a different friend who wants to join your fantasy baseball team.
Mission: Life is about Experiences. MeetFriendz wants to help members find like-minded individuals for new real-life engagements that are exciting and memorable.
Five of the best candidates will be selected for this 14-week internship/sales training program which runs Thursday, September 7th – Thursday, December 14.
This project, sponsored by Degree2Career, will be seeking to fill the Meetfriendz VP Regional Accounts position, from this Fall cohort. Requirements: Students should have knowledge about developing a sales strategy and be able to manage a sales budget. Students should be able to demonstrate effective sales through work, team building and/or community leadership. Students should be at the senior level with most sales and marketing courses completed.
1. Creating a Sales Plan
2. Generating sales leads and member signups for MeetFriendz.com
3. Achieving sales outcomes based on revenue goals (these outcomes can be listed on your resume for future job applications)
4. Managing a Sales Budget (Approximately $1500 per term will be on your budget) for travel expenses and registration fees.
5. Arranging and attending events that you enjoy; (For example: concerts, fairs, car shows, shopping, sports, volunteering, religious events, pubs, gym, LGBTQ, sober living –you choose).
6. Attending all sales meetings- these will occur weekly by phone and will include one kickoff meeting (Tentative: September 7th Location TBA) and End of the Semester Party.
Bonus: If the sales team meets their fall sales goals, the top two sales reps and their guest will be going to Amsterdam for Spring Break, accommodations paid for by MeetFriendz. Internship grades will be based on individual sales goals. Commission paid monthly based on individual sales goals.
To Sum Up: Cash During the Semester Cool Team Learning Project Travel and Unbelievable Experiences Opportunity for VP Job Upon Graduation This position is super competitive and designed for Sales Ninjas who are interested in learning from a serial entrepreneur.
Send letter of interest and resume to: khoulihan@Degree2Career.com